Statement of Faith
– We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the inspired Word of God, the final authority of doctrine, reproof, correction and instruction in right living.
– We believe in one God, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
– We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, fully man and fully God, only begotten Son of the Father. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and lived a sinless life. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, buried and rose physically from the dead. He ascended to the right hand of the Father and will come again in power and glory.
– We believe that faith alone in Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord frees us from the mastery of sin, and its consequences of death and eternal damnation. He assumed the penalty of death Himself, and enables us to live out of His resurrected life unto eternity.
– We believe the Holy Spirit carries out this work of renewal in our lives, empowering us to grow in loving union with our Heavenly Father and to walk in obedience to His will.
– We believe that the church of Jesus Christ is formed of all those who know Him as their Saviour and Lord, regardless of denominational beliefs.
– We believe God created man and woman in His image, and as such, each person has worth and value because his or her identity is rooted in God.
Statement of Beliefs on Human Sexuality
In His generosity and love, God has poured out good gifts on all people. The most important of these is our capacity for relationship and the ability to reach out to God in love, and to know the delight that He takes in us. People are also created to be part of intimate, loving, human relationships marked by mutual care and joyful service within the bonds of friendship, family, community and marriage.
– Sexuality (and genital sex in particular) is among these gifts and is inherently good.
– To receive the gift of sex in a way that is most life-giving and joyful, it is reserved for marriage, which is undertaken by one man and one woman together as a life-long journey toward greater intimacy, mutual spiritual maturity, and self-giving love.
– God calls all people to explore their identity as His beloved children, not only followers but brothers and sisters of Jesus, and members of the family of God. Each of us is loved by God unconditionally, regardless of sexual orientation or behaviour.